SEND US A MESSAGE
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your project together.
321 S. Riverside Ave. Suite 1
Croton-On-Hudson, NY 10520
STAY IN TOUCH
Information tailored just for you. Usable, interesting, current. Sign up for our monthly newsletter now!
The common element throughout is good design. There’s always a reason why an element is chosen for a certain place, whether it’s a colorful painting in a room or a specific fabric on a chair. There’s also a functionality to every item that is unique to each project’s solution. It’s sort of like an oversized jigsaw puzzle with a place and reason for each piece.
Junior Designer Job Description
Date Posted: 11/28/2022
Location: Westchester County, New York
Category: Interior Design
DW Design & Décor llc is an Interior Design, Design-Build firm located in Croton on Hudson, NY. We specialize in residential projects, start to finish, working closely with our clients to bring about their unique vision. We are approachable, welcoming, solution oriented, great listeners, creative thinkers, energetic, and fun with a sophisticated vibe. Under the direction of the Principal and Project Manager, the JR. Designer will assist with administration and design- related duties. Designer will be involved from the initial stages of the project through completion.
Primarily work on high-end residential Interior Design projects that can include renovation and construction in its scope.
Work directly with the Principal Designer measuring, setting up digital documents for furniture layouts and space planning. Accept and inspect deliveries on job sites, go to showrooms as needed for samples, on line resourcing, work with project mgr for contractor follow up, procurement follow up, product deliveries, etc. Set up digital documents in prep for space planning, help with accessorizing and staging for projects and photo shoots. Candidate will learn and work in all aspects of the business as projects move through the Design Process.
- Completed Interior Design degree or Design certification
- 1-3 years experience in residential design
- Have a car and willing to travel as needed
- Own a computer (apple preferred)
- Proficient in autocad/photoshop/excel/chief architect/asana/Ivy
- Willingness to learn software not as proficient in.
- Knowledge of construction a plus
- Must be familiar with social media platforms like Instagram/TikTok/Pinterest/Facebook
- Ability to take photos/videos on job sites to create social media content
- Ability to accurately measure and understands space planning
- Have fresh ideas and ability to source interior furnishings and items for
kitchen and bath design
- Able to work part-time: partially remote, with added hours if needed per project deadlines
Willing to learn and grow with the company. Is a team player with the ability to share ideas and brainstorm solutions. Part time position could move into full time. Professional attitude and ability to converse with clients and manufacturer reps clearly. Creative thinker with a desire to learn, grow, seek out new ways to achieve desired client result. Organized, detail oriented, good communicator, deadline oriented. Local candidate preferred.